This programme provides students with advanced skills and knowledge in designing, developing and refining digital media technologies. Students are provided with the opportunity to work in new and emerging digital media technology areas, such as online interactive design & development, latest industry media editing software, Web 2 tools, technologies, mobile devices and ICT Project Management. The course is project based so you will have a rich portfolio to present to potential employers. Elective work placement training of 16 weekly hours available.
The learner cohort for this program is domestic and international students who are looking to become competent in the design, development, administration and use of digital media technologies.
The characteristics of the learner may include:
– People mainly in the age range of 20-35
– People with work experience in ICT or senior positions, who are looking to boost their career
– Business managers or business owners who are interested in qualify themselves
– People with internationally work experience in the ICT industry, who would like to gain Australian ICT experience, skills and knowledge.
– People from non-English speaking backgrounds
– Learners whose language skills are not at the level to obtain work or meet minimum entry requirements for the Australian workforce in the ICT industry;
– Management/Creative/ICT or other relevant Management/Creative/ICT courses graduates who are looking to develop their skills, knowledge and career opportunities in this industry.
Pathways into the qualification:
Learners may enter the program through a number of entry points demonstrating potential to undertake vocational education and training at diploma level, including:
– ICT30115 – Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
– Vocational experience in the ICT field must be demonstrated prior to entering this course when no previous formal qualification in the management field has been completed (for Certificate III, Diploma and advanced Diploma levels which are shorter than 1.5 years).
Pathways from the qualification:
After achieving this dual qualification: ICT40315 Dual Certificate IV in Web-Based Technologies and ICT40815 Digital Media Technologies individuals may progress into higher education, including Bachelor degree. Many graduates, however, will progress directly into relevant industry positions.
Multicore processor with 64-bit support
8GB of RAM (16GB recommended)
at least 8GB of available hard-disk space for installation
Previous ICT industry or education competencies:
This program is reserved for students with demonstrated prior knowledge and experience gained through relevant previous studies or relevant vocational experience.
Literacy and Numeracy Entry Requirements:
Students must be competent in Literacy in order to fulfill course requirements.
Students with English as a second language must have a minimum English level equivalent to 5.5 IELTS.
Envirotech has an internal English placement test available for international students internal LLN assessment. Students who require LLN support will be placed in assistance days in addition to their normal class schedule. LLN support will be coordinated directly with the academic support person for each individual student.
Email and internet access:
Learners must have access to internet and their email account supplied to Envirotech during the enrolment process after school hours. Envirotech provides its students with internet access at the Campus areas.
Learners must have and bring with them to class their own laptop computers which will be used in class and outside class to complete home projects and research activities.
Envirotech provides students with daily loan laptops and working stations (Desktop computers).
Microsoft Office Package:
Learners must have Microsoft Office 2010, a later version of Office or an equivalent software installed on their laptops.
Under Age Students:
Learners must be 18 years or above.
While students participate in vocational placement and work-based training; they are required to adhere to the workplace dress code.