This programme is designed for those who wish to acquire the necessary skills to become a successful manager in the Australian hospitality industry. Envirotech dual chef programme provide its students with the technical culinary and hospitality business skills to operate at a senior level. Our students will gain substantial industry knowledge and a wide range of specialised managerial skills that enable them to be responsibility for others, and make a range of strategic business decisions. This programme offers a balance of practicality and theory via blended learning delivery, with the added advantages of our fully equipped campus kitchen and our vocational placement experience that is an integral part of the curriculum.
The mode of the delivery for this programme is a mixture of different modes. The programme combines face to face, online and self-assessment delivery. Assessment and projects are designed to develop and encourage learning with trainer presentations and tutorials. This blended delivery structure provides learners with the opportunity to practice their skills and knowledge and networking with other learners.
The mode of delivery in this program supports mandatory visa requirements for international students, being the main cohort for this programme, and will provide a combination of at least 75% face to face delivery.
The learner profile for this course is mainly international students who are looking to develop managerial skills and prepare for a career in the hospitality industry.
The characteristics of the learner may include:
– Limited or no work experience in Australia or internationally in the cookery/hospitality industry
– From non-English speaking backgrounds
– Learners who are interested in upgrading their management skills and obtain work as managers in the industry
– Learners whose language skills are not at the level to obtain work or meet minimum entry requirements for the Australian workforce in the Cookery/hospitality industry; this could include migrants, on a range of visa types
– Certificate III, IV and Diploma of Commercial Cookery graduates who are looking to develop their skills, knowledge and career opportunities in cookery and/or hospitality
– People with work experience in cookery and/or hospitality who are looking to boost their career and move to more managerial positions
Pathways into the qualification:
It is strongly recommended that individuals undertake lower level qualifications, or gain industry experience prior to entering the SIT60316-SIT50416 – DUAL Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management & Diploma of Hospitality Management. However, this is not mandatory.
Pathways from the qualification:
After achieving this Advanced Diploma programme, individuals may progress into higher education, including bachelor degree. Many graduates, however, will progress directly into relevant industry positons.
Pathways through the qualification may include:
– Full-time or part-time study with a registered training organisation
– Face-to-face study
– Institution-based training
– Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
Literacy and Numeracy Entry Requirements:
Students must be competent in Literacy in order to fulfill course requirements.
Students with English as a second language must have a minimum English level equivalent to 5.5 IELTS.
Envirotech has an internal English placement test available for international students internal LLN assessment. Students who require LLN support will be placed in assistance days in addition to their normal class schedule. LLN support will be coordinated directly with the academic support person for each individual student.
Learning 5; Reading 4; Writing 4; Oral Communication 4; Numeracy 4.
Email and internet access:
Learners must have access to internet and their email account supplied to Envirotech during the enrolment process after school hours. Envirotech provides its students with internet access at the Campus areas.
Learners must have and bring with them to class their own laptop computers which will be used in class and outside class to complete home projects and research activities.
Envirotech provides students with daily loan laptops and working stations (Desktop computers).
Microsoft Office Package:
Learners must have Microsoft Office 2010, a later version of Office or an equivalent software installed on their laptops.
Under Age Students:
Learners must be 18 years or above.
While students participate in vocational placement and work-based training; they are required to adhere to the workplace dress code.